CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Korber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:34:40 EST
In a message dated 3/24/99 8:59:20 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>What ABout the ALBANIANS WHO [are] FORCED TO DEATH?

Sorry, my easy answer machine never seems to be working. I had just been
forwarding another perspective on the problem.

Personally, I believe that as long as people continue to look to political
leaders to solve their problems, all manner of bombing will continue all over
the world.

So I could reply, "What about dismantling ALL THE FUCKING STATES AND THEIR
STINKING VIOLENT MILITARY?," but shouting never get's anyone anywhere.

What if NATO's strikes put a stop to the oppression in Kosovo?  There will be
more problems there or elsewhere eventually. I won't jump through the
patriotic hoops. I won't chose this or that side when both sides look like
murderers to me.

What if spilling the blood of some will stop the spilling the blood of others?
And what then? And what next? and on and on?

I refuse to see "Albanians" and "Yugoslavs." I see people and and people.
Death here and  death there. It keeps adding up to more death. Screw the
passports and citizen papers. Work for something completely different.

Why be ONLY concerned about Albanians? Will it not bother you when an ordinary
Yugoslavian dies because of NATO's and  the Yugoslavian govenment's bloody
solutions. The folks in government are ultimately not corcerned enough about
anyone's ass but their own.

Teach people to take the power back, or war will continue.

John Korber