RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 03:43:37 -0500
From:
JR Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
for the record, I would like to vote -
>we are considering changing the name from veg-raw to
>food-raw.

I vote for that name change. It is more general. And represents the current group.

> With NFL the most obvious thing to do would be to unsubscribe
>NFL the entity and invite them to resubscribe as individuals - this is
>what I expect will be the outcome, when some more
>administrative/technical changes that the list going through just now,
>are over.

(BTW

Whenever i see mail waiting without a name in the header, I just assume its Peter, I find that
annoying.)

On the other hand, i might fondly remember a Peter Brandt from Marina Del Rey that I met on may 17,
1992. My memory fails me, but I vaguely remember seeing Peter in the Santa Monica Farmers Market a
few times, and maybe even camping in Tapanga. Or maybe its someone else. Nevermind.

I have no objection to anonymous posts. If someone has something to offer, I do not require any
certification to necessarily decide if I can appreciate it.

On the other hand, I object to requiring signed posts. Call me paranoid, but am i the only one here
that feels ostracized by other people? Sometimes, I may not want to expose myself, if I am feeling
particularly vulnerable. And more than that, I believe that what someone says, is more important
than who said it.

I fear that the consensual objections to NFL may lead to unpleasant rules for everyone, instead of
making policy on the fly. As instinctive eating has shown my habits to be unpredictable, i am
frequently surprised by what i need. I would like to see the same flexibility with the conventions
of this listserve.

Furthermore,

I specifically have no objections to the NFL posts and consider their flames no worse than when
sandy flamed me.

love,

jr

Raw Fooders at http://www.he.net/~jrellis/rawtimes.html