RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:16:23 -0700
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Karen D Haas wrote:

> HI Ellie
> Well the Passover was originally from the night the angel of death "passed
> over"  the Jews & killed the first born of the Egyptians.  Later a "lamb" was used
> to  signify the "Lamb" which was to come and be sacrificed for all of mankind.
> In genesis man was given the garden to tend and eat from. It wasn't until
> the flood  & Noah was removed from the ark that animal flesh was introduced (prior was
> for sacrifices) chapter 9 is the intro for flesh
> vrs 3  "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you: even as the green
> herb  have I given you all things."
> 4 "But, flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood, thereof, shall ye
> not eat."

I respect your interpretations and your right to act on your beliefs.

Spiritual literature can be interpreted to fit just about any opinion.
I'm sure guilty of making it fit mine. My own opinions keep changing as I
evolve spiritually and who knows--I may someday stop eating animals. I
want to mention a distinction between killing and murder--the Hebrew text
runs: "Thou shalt not murder." Murder in Hebrew, "ratzach" implies
violent killing with deliberate intent as opposed to slaughtering animals
"shachat."

Thank you too for sharing.

My best, Ellie