RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:30:46 -0400
From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
These are various questions and comments to anyone who cares to read this...

More on IE:
Still stuck on those mental images of food; do any of the instinctos
(geez, I wish I could just say "people") here know what they're next food
will be just by visualizing it in their mind?  It happens more and more
often to me that I'll picture a food, then go smell it, taste it and eat
it.  It fails me somtimes, but works in most cases. Anyone else doing this?
Or do you only know after smelling and tasting?  In fact, which should be
the most effective of senses in choosing the food?  Smell, taste? Maybe
the visual?  Or is it necessarily a combination of all of them?  How can
you explain that I can visualize the food and be perfectly happy wiht
it's smell and taste afterwards?

To anyone who's having thoughts about (at least) giving your instincts a
try in choosing your next food, consider all these things that the
so-called [other] "diets" support, claim and advocate:

Do *not*:
- overeat
- eat in certain combinations
- eat heavy in the morning or eat only fruit (or nothing at all)
  since you're body is "eliminating"
- eat too much before sleep (this one I'm having second thoughts on), I
  had 3 egg yolks a little after midnight last night, just because my body
  asked for them.  It had *better* not to complain afterwards... :)
- eat when you're not hungry
- *not* eat when you are hungry (sorry, didn't plan my thing too well).

The list goes on. There is probably a dozen or so more other such crucial
things that most diets tell you to follow.   Well, call me lucky but my
own limited experience with IE has taken care of *all* of them, with no
exception.  How is this for a convincing argument: "exercise is good for
you."  We all know it is; question is "why?"  Well, "because we have
legs" is not a bad answer, but the reason why we have them is probably an
even better answer. In other words, evolution (blablabla...) has decided
so, and <put some DNA crap here, if you want>.  Hmm... call me crazy, but
after driving my car to get any food for as long as I own a car, I find
it most natural to walk to the store to get my food now.  In fact, the
store is about 2km away, and I do it three times a day!  There, I get
more exercise than I need, without thinking about it (as it should be;
exercise should have nothing to do with TV commercials or heavy interior
walking machinery).  Of course, I am just describing to you the effects
of what *I think* good food, in good amounts (or eaten following your
instincts) has on a human being like myself.  I may or may not take all
or some of these for granted some day (now I'm still a little excited
about all this, I admit :)  but until I do, it is news (and darn good
one, too) to me, as it probably is to you if you're reading this
newsgroup because (I think) your instincts have been telling you raw is
good for ya.
I think you really do owe it to yurself to at least try out your
instincts on what you eat.

More on human past, and human gentics: I wonder, is the actual lifespan of
human beings (or any other species, for that matter) an issue of genetics?
(likely) If so, is it considered an "advancement/improvement" to
genetically increase this time-period in a species (like humans)? (likely)
If so, has our lifespan increased with the years? *If* IE is how we should
eat (assumption), then how would our current potential lifespan compare
with that of our instinctively-eating ancestors? Surely, they didn't live
for 120-140 years for most of them; which seems to be the current figure
for the human lifespan's potential.

Pardon the typos, this message took a little more time than I had free
for it.