RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:29:04 -0400
From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
I wonder how many instinctos are there on this list. They make themselves
rather quiet.

I find the idea more and more appealing, to be very honest.  I also think
instinctive eating is a rather simplistic solution to one's dietery problems
(though it isn't a diet).  Of course, as it should be, since
it is based on one's inner abilities to select foods rather than on
external factors (of which there are just so many that things can very
easily become more complicated than one would want).

More comments:
Well, it's known that animals use their instincts to eat; should there be
any doubt as to whether humans have actually managed to retain their
instincts through the years, to what degree they are still functional
and effective today, and whether they can be relied on completely to
find the right foods?  This is a vague issue, I realize.

I wonder, would women make better instinctosthan men?

Wouldn't the number of the so-called "instinctos" be much greater
nowadays than many think?  I mean, there have to be millions of people
who do just that - eat whatever they like, and eat it raw.  I'm sure that
a good many of the less civilized cultures would qualify; do eskimos,
for instance?

Why would instinctos want to limit the number of times they eat in a day?
A lot of what I read talked about 2-3 meals per day.  Why increase
the sizes of these fewer meals rather than eat little and frequently?
There should be no rules, yet peole recommend a 2-3 meal plan.