RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:31:04 -0500
From:
Xenu's Sister <[log in to unmask]>
At 12:33 PM 7/23/97 -0600, Trish wrote:

>My own hypothesis is that the bleeding is a detox and I'd have to
>be raw and living in a very pristine environment to stop bleeding.

<sound of jaw dropping to the floor>

Whaaaaaaaaaaaatt?? I've heard a lot of silly/strange/creepy
things on this mailing list, but this takes the, er, sprouts!

Lady, get thee to a Reproductive web site, and learn
*why* women have periods. If you're not having
periods, something is *wrong*, not right. Any indication
that women stop having periods while eating 100% raw
would tell me immediately that the diet is dangerous and
*extremely* unhealthy.

PMS is another matter altogether. I do believe that diet
can and probably does often have an effect on PMS.

I swear I've bitten my tongue many many times and kept
my mouth shut when my fingers were itching to jump in
and verbalize my frustration/disbelief at what some of
you are writing, but I know it's rude to come on to a mailing
list that's meant for support and smirk at the participants.
I just couldn't keep quiet this time. I think what Trish
wrote is an indication of the "zealotry" some of you
have been talking about, and it's *really* creepy.

I stay because of the good stuff, especially because of
Peter and Kirt. I'll try to keep my opinions to myself,
but no guarantees.

Vickie