RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 07:43:11 -0800
From:
Let me add a few comments to my previous post, which was written late at night
when I was tired and sleepy:

Ric:
>But, in both cases, after the dust settled, the authors made a lot of
>money....AND TURNED LOTS OF PEOPLE ON TO THE IMPORTANCE OF SOUND "NATURAL"
>NUTRITION in their lives.  To me, it was a win-win deal.

Tom:
And if it leads these people to dental damage, eating disorders, hostile
zealotry (the direction that NFL appears to be going in)- it is a lose-lose
situation. I neglected to mention that after leaving fruitarianism, I went back
to cooked (veg) foods for 2-3 years, before returning to raw (NH style instead
of fruitarianism). I returned to raw; many others might not.

Tom/Supplement:
A more complete version of the first sentence would say:
And if it leads to dental damage, sugar addiction, nervous system damage from
vitamin B-12 deficiency, other deficiencies (zinc, calcium, vit. D), impaired/
weakened digestion, physical weakness in children, eating disorders and
related behavior, ordinary lunacy, or hostile zealotry/egoism (the direction
NFL is going in) - then it is a lose-lose situation. [The effects listed are
known side-effects of fruitarianism.]

Ric, your argument seems to be that the ends (popularizing raw foods) justifies
the means (hostility and total dishonesty). That is a bogus argument. Hatred,
fear, dishonesty will not bring about long-lasting positive change. I can
see a few people brought into the raw-food fold by NFL staying with it, but
they will almost surely *not* be fruitarians, and because they have experienced
the dishonesty and negativity of NFL first hand, they will be very severe
critics of NFL. NFL is sowing the seeds of their own destruction, by taking a
hostile, negative, and completely dishonest approach.  Again, look at the
archives and see for yourself that what the critics say about NFL is true!

Tom Billings