RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 21:49:07 -0500
From:
If I sorted through that correctly - who knows because I still don't always
understand who's talking on a >> or >>>, the > I usually get - these are
interesting considerations.

>But after including RAF, the broccoli pretty much lost its appeal.

Who says broccoli is a must eat it food anyway?  To be honest, I myself am
losing interest in these conversations.  I don't think it's merely because
they challenge my belief systems, I think it's because there's more juicy
things to talk about than what I ate for lunch.  I've talked about it a lot
ya know.

>> I have a friend who gets clear & strong taste stops when cooked foods
>are eaten one of the time.

>I was hoping you wouldn't say that! ;) Cooked _foods_? Not just veggies,
>but AF, tubers, grains, everything?

What's the answer, who's the person, how do they feel, what do they do,
etc.?

>>>Having long been "troubled" by the relative unattractiveness of both
>>>domesticated and (esp) wild vegetables, I am seriously wondering if
cooked veggies may have been (are?) useful in the human diet.

Have you had Jacon, the stems of Swiss Chard, red chard, Romaine lettuce,
and kale, Katuk, fennel, snap peas, ground nuts, carrots, onion or leek
tops, toona, or others I too haven't heard of or had?  All these veggies
rock my world when eaten raw right now, plus several kinds of cucumber.  I
don't say this to deter cooked food with stop exploration, but I don't feel
the calling myself.  Maybe I will, but I keep findin' luminous foods.

I dunno.

Have any of you read Adi Da a.k.a. Da Free John a.k.a. Franklin Jones?  He
says some very potent things about raw foods, spirituality, and about
everything.  His phrase "lunch righteousness" is an image I grock.

Bye,

Zephyr