RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 15:28:15 -0700
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Thank God I was in Wisconsin shoveling snow the last few weeks or I might
have been booted along with Ward and Doug--if I wouldn't've been duped as
well! What a sad thing to happen on veg-raw. To sift through the dozens of
posts in my veg-raw box and see it all was pretty dramatic. I sure hope
things will straighten out in time. :|

The "Stone Age Present" by Willian F Allman (a journalist/science writer)
was my holiday read: riveting. Evolutionary pyschology, Darwinian medicine,
Tit for Tat, sex, violence--all my faves under one roof :) Actually it was
my first exposure to Darwinian medicine and evolutionary pyschology!
Science seems to be coming around, slowly, maybe, kinda, hopefully, I
think, to some of the NH and instincto stuff. Time will tell.

The overlap with veg-raw issues in this book is sparse so I won't go into
detail, but anyone who finds the evolutionary nutritional arguments
intriguing might enjoy checking this book out to see what evolution might
say about ladies and gentlemen, the social brain, etc. And a great summary
of the computer models of the Prisoner's Dilemma and the evolution of
cooperative behavior (Tit for Tat: a story I've followed for years and
expect to grow old with).

Stretches the old cranium, it does...

Cheers,
Kirt