Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:41:29 -0400
7bit
From:
Sharon M <[log in to unmask]>
Todd Moody wrote:

> Since I am a philosopher by profession, I feel I must finally
> speak out against the supposed derogatory sense of
> "philosophizing" on this list.  Philosophy is, after all, the
> love of wisdom, and I think that no one could complain about the
> search for wisdom in the muddled domains of nutrition and health.
>
> The paleolithic diet, as expressed in NeanderThin at least, is
> more than just an eating plan.  Ray Audette's rejection of the
> thermodynamic conception of nutrition represents a significant
> philosophical shift.
>
> Now if I could only lose some weight...

That last sentence brings an experienced sigh from Sharon. But I'm just
jumping in to share a book I'm excited about, and this is the perfect
group to share it with. On another list somebody posted this website:

http://www.b-network.com/whats_news/

this is all about "The Story Of B" and Daniel Quinn is the author. If
you've read "Ishmael" then I don't have to tell you any more other than
Quinn has a kind of sequel out. For those into the "Paleo diet" and
attendant philosophy, this book is for you. when I discovered at noon
yesterday that Quinn had a new one I dropped everything and ran to my
bookstore and had the skinny little $22.95 book home here at 1 pm.Time
has permitted only the first 2 chapters so far. It's a very good read
and a controversial philosophy. Feedback welcomed (after you've read
it!)

Sharon