Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:47:38 -0400
>Dean,
>How would one go about subscribing to your list?  And is the general focus
>the scientific info?

You would send me a membership application.  And the general focus is
exclusively the scientific info.  About half of the members have
doctorates, and 3/4ths have at least master's degrees in medicine, biology,
paleontology, archaeology, or related fields.  References appear on around
half the posts.  On the other hand activity is much lower.  Part of that is
the summer doldrums, and part of it is that standards are MUCH higher for
what's allowed to appear on the list.  I'm rather proud of it, and am
looking forward to seeing it get more active as all the academics start
returning from summer vacation this fall.

Archives are to be found at
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/paleodiet.html -- and just about
EVERYTHING in those archives is worth reading, by the way.  It's a gold
mine of useful information.  Posts by Staffan Lindeberg, Loren Cordain,
Jennie Brand Miller, Ron Hoggan, Ward Nicholson, Art De Vany, and Sally
Fallon are worth going out of your way to read, but I daresay the entire
back archives (which only go back a few months and only consist of a
hundred or so messages) are worth reading.

You can keep up with discussions solely by reading the archives on the web
(they're updated daily) or you can join and get the daily digests in your
mailbox by filling this out and sending it to me:

                       PALEODIET Membership Survey

NOTE: Please  make sure when you  reply to this  msg it goes back  to the
address [log in to unmask] Thanks.

Thank you for  your interest in the Paleolithic  Diet Symposium listserv.
Our  list is  an semi-private,  semi-moderated symposium  for researchers
with interest in and knowledge of  primitive diets and their relevance to
modern  life.  Our  primary   audience  is  biologists,  paleontologists,
anthropologists, physiologists,  and health care  professionals. Students
or members the  lay public are not necessarily excluded,  but any messges
submitted to the list membership  will be reviewed before distribution to
assure that the information presented, or the questions posed, reflect an
appropriate level of understanding of  the science underlying the subject
under discussion.

This  is a  standard  questionnaire for  all  prospective subscribers  to
PALEODIET. You are not required to give  us more than your name and email
address, although we  would appreciate having the  other information. Any
information you give on this questionnaire is solely for the list owners'
information,  and will  NOT be  sold  or used  for any  form of  business
solicitation.

   Name:
   Preferred E-mail Address:
   Title:
   Institution:
   Phone Number:
   Research Areas:
   Other Areas of Interest:

Your  list membership  will be  confirmed  by the  Listowner. You  should
receive a  message confirming  your membership within  a few  days. Thank
you!