From:
Amy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:16:38 +0000

1-800-crayola yesterday, the phone for Binney and Smith (makers of
crayola crayons, silly putty and I don't know what else). I requested
information about their products which are not exposed to wheat, oats,
barley, or rye ingredients or by-products. Their phone representative
said they do not disclose that information, and if I was afraid of
allergic reactions, I should have my doctor call poison control center
about each individual product I was concerned about.

I was so flabbergasted by her suggestion and her demeanor (very curt,
like I could be an industrial spy!), that I couldn't think of anything
to do except either lose my temper (not a good PR move for CD) or thank
her and hang up.

How should I have handled this? Should we begin a writing/calling
campaign? Please send hints or ideas to me, and I'll summarize, if
warranted.