RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:29:13 +0200
Hi Dariusz,

> I have my good and bad days still,

I do so, too.

> and am becoming more and more weak (weight and muscle wise;
> it really does feel like there ain't any glucose getting to my muscles)

It is not them glucose, IMHO. I experienced the same when I started
to eat raw. I got very thin and very weak. After all my experiences
I do know think that I ate to much and made to many _mixtures_. For
example, I loved to eat almonds and tomatos in a single meal for a
while. During this time I got more and more problems with my knees,
partly I was barely able to climb the stairs to my flat (only one
floor high). Some friends hinted me to the problem: I mixed protein
and a fruity vegetable. After dropping that habit my knee problems
were greatly reduced.

And most freshmen rawists eat too much fruit, especially when they
get it from overgrown or fertilized supplies.

And one also needs vegetable protein, like almonds, nuts or avocados.
Especially after switching from cooked food the body is lacking lots
of substances and it is not uncommon that one eats 1 kilo almonds or
500 g Olives in a single meal. (weights include shells and stones)

I experienced all this myself and would not know better if I had
searched for and asked other people with raw food experiences.

Last, but not least, the raw food is IMHO only manageable when one
follows his _instincts_. It may not be easy in the first time, but the
body gets more and more sensitive and the instincts become sharper.

> I can either take these as detox symptoms and keep going

I would try to do so (and I did).

> or stuff myself with some good old cooked carbs (pasta or
> rice - that should do the trick).

I did so for some periods during my first 2 raw years, but I didn't
like how my body felt and smelt. So I dropped the habit completely.

> There is no meat of any sort in my diet right now.

Meat is not without problems. It is difficult to get really natural
meat that is neither overgrown nor stuffed with cereals or worse food.

I sometimes really enjoy some raw meat, not so much in my first years,
but with growing pleasure in the last month. I still eat not much,
between once a week or once in 2 months.

> meat or fish a little repulsive, and frankly

That is not unusual for people who eat or ate cooked. I will pass
away after some time.

> I wonder if instinctive eating would solve my problems

You have to follow the lead of your body, anyway. I started with non-
Instincto, non-organic raw food and over the time ate more and more
organic food and more instinctive. In the first time your body will
tolerate a lot because it is still used to so from the cooked times.

Good look and enjoy the experience!

Karl