RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 00:39:18 GMT
Karl  wrote:
>Dariusz,

>> How and why might the effects of cooked foods be more pronounced on
>> raw-fooders as opposed to people who eat cooked regularly?

>the official Instincto answer :-) is that your body looses its tolerance
>to the toxins in cooked food. So it reacts much stronger. This will
>happen to you over and over again as your body gets more and more
>sensitive do denaturated stuff.

>It happened more than once to me that after a while I was no longer able
>to make some 'errors' that were possible before. So my own body leads me
>more and more into the direction of Instincto.

Lynton:
My comment isn't exactly about cooked vs raw: its about the changing
tolerance mentioned above.
Recently I went to a dance party, and I put some salad on my plate to sort
of join in the eating, tho I wasn't really hungry.
Now, I eat almost exclusively organic food and have done so  for many years.
I have to tell you that I don't know how people can eat commercial
salad-type foods: there was lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, perhaps
something else.  Insipid flavours and tastes that put me right off !  My
digestion complained at the little that I did eat.

About  'denatured stuff', I must underline the fact that commercial 'grade'
food is already denatured before its even harvested, let alone
processed/cooked !

Oh, in some post  there was a reference to someone eating fats/oils to their
benefit.  This is true: there are factors in (raw) lipids that are essential
to health (Essential Fatty Acids, for eg) as well as they being good sources
for energy (even lightly cooked).- the body burns fats, not carbohydrates).
But the reason I'm including this here is:
Lipids are absorbed by the intestine BEFORE the liver processes most of  the
rest of the food.  The type of lipids you eat are largely accepted as they
are, not converted to "human" fats.  AND this direct acceptance means that
the liver does not detox the fat before it enters the body.  THEREFOR IT IS
ESSENTIAL TO EAT LIPIDS THAT ARE FREE OF CONTAMINATION ergo, _eat_organic_.

I think its true that raw amino acids can also be absorbed directly thru the
skin.

Yours in ORF  (Organic Raw Food),
Lynton