RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 17:48:10 -0500
>I feel somewhat guilty here, as I did use precisely this [poison] word
>to describe cooked foods in one of my previous posts.  It was a
>poor choice of words on my part, I admit; and apologize,

If you had "dissed" people on the list for wanting to include cooked
foods in their diet, your apology might have been appropriate but as it
stands you have no reason to apologize as you, as everybody else on the
list, are entitled to freely express your opinions. Besides, this list
is a support list for raw foods and not a canvas group for the virtues
of cooking. ;-) Having said this I agree that your choice of words
could have been better, and I appreciate your willingness to concede on
the issue. :-)

>if I was the one who turned this lovely forum into a battlefield.

Dietary issues can be very emotional and it is unavoidable that the
debate sometimes gets a little heated - especially in a group as
diverse as this. The good news is that raw-food has been through a lot
of growing pains, and I think that the days of the intense diet wars
are over - not just because certain individuals who refused to abide by
the list guidelines either left or were asked to leave but because the
list has matured. This, however, does not prevent a few sparks from
flying now and then to keep us on our toes. ;-)

>It However, cooked or not, a food is as good to me as the effect it
>will have on my body.

And on the mind. What is the use of having a "raw" body if your mind is
"cooked"? :-)

Best, Peter