RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:32:48 -0700
Tom:
>Rolled oats are made from hulled oats. They look raw, but I really
>don't know for certain if they are heated in the rolling process. The
>rolling process itself will generate heat, but probably not that much.

I checked with our local health food store about rolled oats and other
rolled grains to see if they were raw. They said that 'rolled' grains were
steamed to soften them then rolled. I didn't think to ask the temperature
or for how long however I made the assumption they probably weren't raw.
Sheila

Kind Regards,
http://www.sheilas.com