RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 01:38:44 -0800
You wrote:

>I recently re-subscribed to veg-raw. Those on this list from the
>"early days" will hopefully remember me.

Good to have you back Tom! I look forward to reading both your old and
new posts. I was still new to the list when you left yet was quite sad
to see you go.

The Plant Spirit Medicine article reminds me of just how cut off we are
from our roots of spiritual and shamanistic healing. Our ancestors were
very much in touch with these sources of power and I think raw food
eaters often focus too much on the physical aspects of health and
forget the spirit.

>Q: Please comment on the spiritual consciousness of the food we eat.
>A: Americans have lost emotional and spiritual contact with the food
>we eat. Eating should be a spiritual process, as it feeds and nurtures
>your mind and spirit. Because we have lost this contact, we grow food
>in a way that undermines its/our spiritual strength.

Words of wisdom for sure.

>Q: What about artificial hybrids, and genetically engineered plants?
>A: That weakens the spirit - not good for food, or medicine.

That would leave out most fruits. :-(

>Tom Billings

Great article!