RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:29:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
In a message dated 97-04-20 06:41:41 EDT, [log in to unmask]

(Ellie Rotunno) writes:

<<  haven't reached that enlightened stage you have, where I can consider
 them garbage and I have no compost heap, so I usually eat them, but there
 is hope . Ellie

Ellie, I'm still not completely there yet either & I have made one more step
in that direction:  Lou has pointed out to me for 6 years that the pile of
organic garbage in the sink awaiting time for me to move it to the bucket
prior to dumping in the compost pile irritates her AND she doesn't like the
bucket around AND the compost pile doesn't really compost for about a decade
at our hi elevation/low humidity & low night temp AND we don't use the stuff
anymore since nothing worthwhile grows here due to our  short growing season
& lack of sun exposure in the garden (neighbor's trees block sun on that part
of our lots)) SO I reluctantly gave up adding stuff to the compost pile about
two weeks ago.  I'd been using that outdoor garbage heap an a mental excuse
to help me believe I was not "wasting" the food anyway, simply returning it
to the earth (without passing it thru me & poisoning myself in the process).
 SO, I got to make the mini-quantum leap to "well, pushing it down the
garbage disposal (unused by me in 25 years!) or dumping it in the trash
accomplishes the same result, it gets returned to the earth by the folks at
the sewage treatment plant & the landfill, 'tho the folks at the sewage
treatment plant (Lou's son is an "inspector" there) probably pollute it with
toxic chems & make it unfit to grow Instincto quality produce for
generations.  Progress?

'ealth & 'appiness!

Bo7b