RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:09:35 -0600
>Kirt:In a message dated 97-08-10 20:24:35 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

><< I know prejudice when I hear it:
> admit it, you think that non-vegans are simply not as good as vegans.
> Instead of skin color or religion or sex or age or occupation or whatever,
> you judge someone according to their _lunch_. (!)

>Bob:
>Kirt, I was wildly cheering your brilliant piece, 'til this minor (IMO) error
>slipped in.  Food intake belief, religion, philosophy, occupation, etc. don't
>equate with skin color, sex or age.  The former involve free choice & the
>latter, the luck of the draw, with the possible modern idea of sex as a
>medical preference.  I suspect that you're quite aware of that distinction &
>its implication, yes?  :-)

I would call religion a choice for most adults but you're right on about
the others. Even so, I don't think prejudice is necessarily limited to
charcteristics which are due to the luck of the draw. Is it justified
against yuppies, bums, politicians, dentists, magneticists, the
nipple-pierced, the tie-wearing, or the users of certain computer
platforms? To pre-judge folks based on lunch seems the silliest of all, but
I imagine the same folks would judge me for a leather jacket so who knows,
eh?

My weakness, though, is cars. When I see someone in an obnoxiously
expensive car I just want to shoot them on the spot regardless ;) I don't,
but I think about it, you know ;) ;)  Sometimes I'm even suicidal
considering our 92 Prism...

Cheers,
Kirt