RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:45:47 -0400
On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Nieft / Secola wrote:
> Some say hunger would be a feeling of energy useful in searching/obtaining
> food and that feeling tired signals a need for rest. If you weren't
> limiting your fruit so drasticly (as previously posted) I might speculate
> that it might be something of a blood sugar problem. Well, whatever works,
> eh?

Since it seems so difficult to tell when to stop eating, why not just eat
extremely small quantities of food whenever one feels hungry (ie: weaker,
stomach rumbling, or other signs that others have suggested).  This way,
it will not be possible to overeat, and the body will receive new "fuel"
only when it'll ask for it.

As an example, an apple when you wake up; takes about 30 minutes before
your stomach goes nuts (tried it); then eat another fruit, say, a banana
(that'll take a little longer); then continue like this with small
portions throughout the day.  Of course, you need to have food readily
available to you at all times to do this and I don't think it should be
all fruit, all day long (but same, small quantities should be applicable
to other food groups).

Hmm...  what's this awful noise I hear?  Gotta run...