RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 02:18:05 -0400
In a message dated 97-08-04 11:51:04 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Thomas E.
Billings) writes:

<<
 Additionally, commercial cat foods - as bad as they are - usually contain
 a variety of types of flesh (organs and muscle), from multiple species.
 Some manufacturers add supplements (like taurine), as well.

Bruno has had lots of experience with experimental animals & researching
feeding of experimental & captive animals world-wide.  I think when I asked
him the Pottenger cat question, he told me that cat chow manufacturers (&
rat-chow & dog-chow, etc.) are not stupid.  They're VERY careful about the
temperatures they use & the glop is not really "cooked" at temperatures
usually used by humans.  Dunno how valid this point is.

Bob