RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:04:57 -0400
Kirt:

> Have you found anyone selling Coleman beef and lamb in the Philly area?
> Coleman is based in CO but ships across the country to specialty meat
> places like ritzy supermarkets and health food stores, but not everywhere,
> of course. It's hard to get good pastured beef in this country--no
> hormones/no antibiotics seems to pass for healthy meat. On the other hand,
> I have been eating some heavily marbled meat lately with no ill-effect.
> I'll be posting a summary in a few weeks...maybe I'll have tried some
> "sweatbreads" by then to report on also.

Thanks for your interesting message about bone marrow.

So far, I have visited most supermarkets and health food stores near from
center Philly, and I didn't find any organic meat, except chicken
breasts.

JL

P.S. I finally found a large Asian supermarket in South Philly (~2 miles from
Chinatown). They even sell durian (but I haven't bought any yet).