RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:38:21 -0400
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Since I have been eating more raw foods 3 months ago, my facial complexion
>has improved slightly.

>I am willing
>to try a diet to find out what could be triggering this.  Could wheat gluten
>be a culprit here?

Maybe. I also wonder about dairy. Maybe other foods? I have always had bad
acne and maybe it got better after going gluten-free, but didn't disappear
completely. A friend, Ron Hoggan, did have a high school student of his
that cleared her's up with a GF diet, and that was motivation in itself to
stay on the diet. Also I have found Asians that have come to North America,
started eating our gluten and other laden junk food, and breaking out with
acne.

I do have one literature citation. This is from the W.J. Lutz article that
I cited a few days ago on people losing height when they started farming.
This quote is in the context of him blaming grains for civilizatory
diseases. Note he never uses the word gluten, but blames them on "grains."

"In over thirty years of clinical practice, I have found, as published in
numerous papers and several books (3, 4), that diet works well against
Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, heart failure,
*acne* and other problems."

As before I'd be happy to send the whole thing to someone that privately
asks for a copy.

Don.