RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:52:39 -0400
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>

>After I saw Renee Taylor's books mentioned in Cancer Disease of
>Civilization? by Stefansson I bought one of her books, Hunza Health Secrets
>for long life and happiness.

Not aware of the book.

>Whole wheat is used in Hunza cooking. Perhaps the wheat of the Hunza people
>is low gluten that they live so long?

I don't know where they reside. Wheat does not grow in hot climates, and
the warmer the climate the lower the gluten content. That is why hot places
on earth have flat breads instead of leavened ones. Not enough gluten
content for it to rise.

>They also use milk products.

Well, you know I don't believe in dairy. But the negatives of dairy don't
have anything to do with longevity. It gets implicated either in ear, nose,
lung problems (e.g. ear infections, excess mucus, worsening asthma), and in
mental problems like autism, schizophrenia, ADD/ADHD, and irritability. Due
to a similarity in the casein protein with part of gliadin (the actual
toxic part of gluten) it often is also a problem with people that have a
problem with gluten. In addition to the mental problems I'd recommend
people with disorders like fibromyalgia and MS to give up dairy in addition
to gluten. But maybe in addition to all these things it lengthens life too?

>What are your thoughts on this?

Maybe Dean Esmay has some more insight?

Don.