RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 14:38:24 -0400
In a message dated 97-08-02 13:42:15 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Sheila Shea)
writes:

<<
 I go for the socializing not the food. And if the food's good, then that's
 a plus. I would check the local publications and talk to people about where
 you can get the freshest, most gourmet food. Usually the better restaurants
 are more accommodating and can really put on a spread for a salad.
 Or for the RAF people, some restaurants must still serve steak tartare.
 They probably have a turkey and chicken version of it now!
 Indian restaurants usually cube lamb and grill it. Maybe they could serve
 it raw!
 What type of raw diet do you have? >>

Bob:
'tho we attend them lots less than in my cooked fude days, restaurants are
fun!  The approach i've evolved since discovering Instincto in '93 is to
order like a normal person, selecting usually a delicious-sounding fish or
wild game offering (yes, only good restaurants start with good food & have
the ambiance we go there for anyhow!) & if the waitperson asks how I'd like
it prepared, I tell 'em:  Uncooked. And with any dressing, sauces, spices,
etc. ON THE SIDE (the left side).  And please substitute some delicious raw
vegies for the rice or potatoe, etc.  They generally ask for clarification to
be SURE I want raw fish or venison & more & more lately are sctually serving
the meal exactly that way (about 75% of the restaurants around the country
I've experienced!)  AND, if they refuse, or, more likely, they return from
the kitchen saying the chef or the owner or the janitor claims there's some
government edict that prohibits them from serving uncooked food, they're
disappointed that they could not do as I requested or as they promised & they
go WAY out of their way to prepare a GOURMET raw vegie/fruit delight.

'ealth & 'appiness to ya'll