RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:18:53 -0500
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Peter:
>>I and most of the people I know who have read it consider it not only
>>the worst book on raw foods but also one of the worst books they have
>>ever read.

Vicki:
>As it says in the book, "The truth always has enemies."

This slogan is a good example of the empty rhetoric that the NFL
(Nature's First law) trio so often resorts to.

Peter:
>>They are indeed good-looking, positive and friendly in person. And by
>>trying to promote a diet (the fruitarian) that has wrecked the health
>>of so many people, they are in need of every bit of it. :-/

Vicki:
>Fruitarian?  I didn't get that out of the book at all.
>Sure, it's a fruit based diet, but certainly not 100% fruit!

Fruit-based or fruitarian is the same to me. I doubt very much you will
find any fruitarian eating 100% fruit no matter how it is defined.

Peter:
>>I see no sign of this. On the contrary I see Tom as the Ralph Nader
>>of raw foods who deserves a lot of appreciation for his tireless work
>>to get the raw foods movement out of the dark ages it has been in for
>>so long.

Vicki:
>I agree, but instilling negativity, fear, and doubt of raw foods does
>no good to people who are trying to get over the hump.

I think "going over the edge" would be a more appropriate metaphor. ;-)
If Tom has succeeded in "instilling negativity, fear and doubt" about
the dangerous aspects of some raw food diets, his mission has IMO been
accomplished. I would pick a balanced, cooked food diet over an
imbalanced, raw diet like the fruitarian any day.

Vicki:
>He is dire need of some Tony Robbins audio tapes!

Are we talking about the same man? Tom's talk at the raw foods expo in
San Francisco was one of the most inspirational talks on raw foods I
have ever attended. This man was on!

>Or perhaps David Wolfe's motivational tapes that are even better than
>Tony Robbins' tapes in my opinion.

This has little relevance to me for when it comes to my health I prefer
content over form. Besides, all the motivational tapes in the world are
not going to change the fact that David Wolfe of NFL is promoting a
diet that is unhealthy and potentially dangerous for most people. (Show
me a long-term fruitarian and I will show you somebody in a pretty
sorry state. I am well-acquainted with the few, possible exceptions to
this rule but they are so few and far between that they are not worth
mentioning.) Furthermore, NFL claims that a raw foods diet will solve
most of the ills of the world which I find to be not only a  very
foolish notion but also a very unfortunate ideological attitude to
embrace. Anyhow, that eating raw foods has no or very little impact on
consciousness can be seen by the message of bigotry and intolerance
that NFL seems so intent on spreading.  Cooked foods are NOT poison -
toxic slogans are!

Best, Peter