From:
"Wallenfels, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

> Does anyone know of a place where xanthan gum can be purchased in
>bulk.  Our support group would like to save some money on this product (we
>bake alot)!

The Gluten Intolerance Group in Seattle, WA buys Xanthan gum in bulk to
sell in smaller quantities to its members.  I'm not sure, but they may
be able to direct you to their supplier.

Gluten Intolerance Group of North America
Contact: Elaine Hartsook
PO Box 23053 Seattle, WA 98102
Tel: (206) 325-6980

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>I happen to know (due to a friend having worked in McDonalds - in Australia)
>that most of the burger patties are largely made of tvp (textured vegetable
>protein) - which i believe has gluten in it.  Even the all beef patties will
>have wheat flour in them to hold the pattie together!

The Gluten Intolerance Group says that McDonalds 100% all beef patties
are indeed safe, and they are *very* strict in their standards.  It may
be that in the USA, the ingredients are different than in Australia.
They also list several other GF fast food chain burger patties, and I'm
sorry I don't have my info with me here to list what they are.  If there
is interest, I can dig it out and post their info on burgers.

Jenn