RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 21:57:59 -0800 (PST)
Ric to Tom:
>If the three authors somehow got offended by the arguments in this forum
>earlier, if they got too defensive (it can happen, I understand, to human
>types), then they may have translated some of their feelings into
>anger...and snapped back in a way otherwise out of context with their more
>peaceful and normal manner.  If so, then why not be the big guy in all this
>and extend your hand in peace?  Haven't we all erred at one point in our
>lives by speaking out when we were too ticked off about something?  I'm
>only speculating, of course, but get the feeling from all these angry posts
>that this may well have been an element in all this brouhaha.

How can you keep giving advice about a situation which you are so
deliberately ignorant of, Ric? How?

Ric to Tom:
>Thanks again for your sincere arguments, and I just wish we could see more
>peace and harmony here...if Stephen and crew aren't into making a motion
>for peace, then maybe you could take the initiative with them.

<speechless, and throwing up my arms>

>I think we
>are all interested in the same objective, namely:
>
>To discover the truth, WHATEVER IT MAY BE; and to getting it circulated as
>widely and rapidly as possible. It's all about a noble mission to
>re-educate the populace.

That's not _my_ mission. Who gave this mission to _you_, Ric? Why would you
assume every other raw fooder cares about evangelizing the way you do? It
hardly seems a libertarian leaning to try and get people to eat in a way
(raw) which you think is right. Why can't you let people be, or even cut
them a tiny bit of the slack that you do NFL? You seem to be giving
libertarians as bad a name as rawists here.

>While our m.o.s will vary, and even the messages
>themselves, depending on our individual takes, believe me, I really think
>we have way too many "enemies" out there with hard pressing motives to kill
>our "movement."

Enemies trying to kill your (it isn't mine, believe me) movement? You've
got to be kidding!! Do they knock on your door at night? Are there clicking
noises on your phone?

>So, why not band TOGETHER and do some harmonizing, since the REAL
>opposition is far greater in size and power than all of us put together?

You should try the Baptist church, or some rip-snorting Muslim
fundamentalists, or maybe even the cast of Independence Day, Ric. I think
they have preeeeetty much everything your looking for, minus the raw slant,
but you should be able to fix that by passing around a few copies of NFL to
spread the new word...

Embarrassed,
Kirt