RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:58:48 -0400
Stefan:

> Further one of my favorite hypotheses is, that fear, jealousy and
> zealotry are cooked feelings, i.e. they would have never showed if
> we humans had stayed raw. I also count reasonless aggressivity to
> be a cooked feeling.

The high percentage of zealotry among raw vegans shows that zealotry
is NOT a cooked feeling. The article of L'Express seems to show that
Burger is not immune to jealousy. Fear is useful, for instance to
escape a predator.

Aggressivity is never completely reasonless, even when you eat cooked.
>From my experience, a person can get angry when there is a misunderstanding,
and the other person, not knowing why the first gets angry, feels
the injustice and has a disproportionate response, hence an
escalation... Or, two persons can have different philosophical/religious
opinions. Or two persons may dislike each other (you cannot love everyone!),
etc...

Aggressivity is natural: our cousins bonobos and chimps sometimes
injure badly each other. Aggressivity is common to many species (Konrad
Lorenz has written a book on that).

I believe that humans would be LESS aggressive if they had a raw
diet, but you cannot eliminate aggression completely. GC Burger seemed
to agree on that when I talked to him about it.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis.