RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Stephen J. Sisler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 02:39:14 -0400
At 09:58 AM 7/17/97 +0200, Christian Schlepphorst wrote:
>When I realized about a year ago that my style of raw diet was
>apparently *not* the ideal thing for my health, I considered changing
>to an ayurvedic diet and read one or two books about it. But it seemed
>to me that Ayurveda has a big emphasis on *cooked* food and even
>disencourages eating more than a certain percentage of raw food. I
>didn't want to lose the advantages of eating raw and finally tried to
>look for a modified form of diet within the borders of raw food.

>When I experimented with adding steamed veggies and grains to my diet
>end of last year, several of my old health problems returned (I wrote
>a posting in february). Maybe this was not because of *cooking* but of
>not considering my dosha condition? (Seems to be a Vata problem :-))

>My questions:

>Do you practice a full Ayurvedic style of diet? Is there an ayurvedic
>raw food diet? Or only for *some* body types?

Christian,

Gabriel Cousens M.D. in his book "Conscious Eating" (ISBN 1-56550-014-8,
published by Vision Books International, 3356A Coffey Lane, Santa Rosa, CA
95403, USA, (707)542-1440), provides a discussion of Ayurvedic diet, and
nutrition in general, that is more suited to the raw fooder than the
dietary guidelines you are likely to find in many of the other Ayurveda
books. Based on the spiritual experiences reported in his book "Spiritual
Nutrition and The Rainbow Diet" (ISBN 0-96158752-0, Cassandra Press), I
would conclude that Gabriel Cousens is a very advanced yogi, would should
give him deeper insight into Ayurveda and the subtle energies of the body.

Stephen