RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:20:50 -0800 (PST)
Another fascinating post from the French interloper...

Denis:
>The main characteristics of raw fooders is their radical stance. If you were
>to compare a sample of raw eaters with a sample from  other radical  groups
>(earth first -don't know if they are still around...) would you still be
>stating that they are more mentally disturbed than teh average  radicals ?
>I did a little bit of politics in radical groups, and my own impression is
>that  the proportion of crazies is lower amongst instinctos and the
>proportion of cranks is higher, perhaps  because cranks tend to be
>considered undesirable (much more than crazies)  organisations such as
>syndicates, political parties...

I'm quite biased, but I agree that instinctos are less weird overall than
other radicals or rawists, but still weirder than normal. ;)

The few instinctos who stick with it (though all-raw, I ain't much of a
vegetable instincto these days) are self-selected from the much larger
group that tries it, most of whom fall away at some point. Any impressions
on how the subgroup of long-time instinctos compares to the main group
including everyone who ever wanted to eat instincto? In other words, what
makes a "successful" instincto? Why do so many people fall away?

Tom:
>>When I see hostile zealots promoting raw foods while attacking everyone in
>>sight, I ponder the contrast. The zealot has a 'clean' body but a poisoned
>mind.
>>Then I think of an old friend (now deceased) who ate meat, was poor, and in
>>poor health, yet who treated others with love, kindness, and generosity. I
>>ask myself what kind of world I would want to live in - a world populated by
>>angry, hostile zealots with clean bodies/good physical health, or a world
>>populated by people like my friend - meat eaters in poor health, but who
>>treat each other with love and kindness. To me, the choice is clear: the
>>latter is far superior to the former!

Denis:
>Unfortunately the choice is not the one you  described, and it will never
>be.

Fortunately, the choice is not the one you described, and it never will be. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt