RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 04:48:16 +0100 (GMT)
>Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>...Where did he come from?? A great
>deal makes sense,  i.e.: - large/very large size fish or low price fish   :
>OK (either not
>practical or not economical to farm)

>"How would medicine know
>about it since thay have never experimented raw food. The whole world of
>Nature is parasite and bacteria driven anyway. Paris' Street crossing are
>much  more dangerous than your parasite"

>Pure sophistry

Indeed , Pat, Indeed. As for me, let me prefer the wise  sophistry of the
fool  to the naive pedantry of the so-called "knowledgable" people. But as
your preference seems to be set more on the pedantry side, I'm certain you
will appreciate this little lecture.

A finnish girl friend of mine whom I once introduced to instinctive
nutrition (she is a budding "nutritionist" whereas  I'm just  a qualified
dumb  ...)called me the other day about a story which  happened to a
university friend of her. This girl, a vegetarian (of the mild, intelligent
kind)   who was not conversant with instinctual matters, started one day
feeling a strong drive for eggs and liver. AS she had just started a love
affair, she thought she had become pregnant. But the test proved negative.
As her urge continued despite her abandonment to her instinctive urge, she
took a few exams at the university hospital just to discover  that she had
been "visited" ( "infested" is too emotional, don't you think... ) by a
large  Diphyllobothrium Latum, a fish tapeworm and important human parasite
which in rare instances can produce anemia by "sharing" ("robing " would be
too  anthropocentric... ) with  his  host his intake of vitamin B12. For
lack of any other solution, the girl finally god rid of the "beast" by
medical treatment.

Dear Pat, if in my earlier post, I would have written " carrying a parasite
in most instances may come down to carrying a baby " , how would you have
called this line : " pure sophistry" or  "pure idiocy "...
                                        *       *       *
It so happened yesterday that my toilet  was Out of order because of the new
tiles I had laid on the floor during  the morning . So I had to resort to
grand ma's way (the good old bucket for minor and major emergencies). Of
course the temptation to have a closer look was too big for my enquiring
mind.  I bent over the enamelled basin... and ZAP... There they were .. The
old Faithful ones...  White little worms, half inch long, swarming in the
avocado and mango purée...What a nice feeling to realize  that men also can
give birth to little godly  creatures....

Malaria is believed to have been rare in Greece during the Heroic period but
became prevalent after the forests were felled to clear out the ground for
the first farmers.
Malaria is never linked to dietary habits  in contemporary medical research.
However telltale (empirical) evidence of the link between farinaceous foods
and the disease  I've found in an old travel book written by some unknown
physician.
In chimpanzees and gorillas of West AFrica, malarial parasites  have been
discovered which correspond exactly to all three of the species known to
cause serious troubles in human beings.

Tapeworms and other helminths may cause serious clinical disease amongst
human beings in RARE CASES  when a parasite becomes established in an
atypical host or when LARVAL  forms are able to develop in what is normally
a DEFINITIVE  host.
Scientific litterature stresses that infections by parasites are sometimes
asymptomatic (of course doesn't say whether lack of symptoms is related to
sound nutritional hygiene ...), while  many people experience mild to severe
abdominal disconfort.  A few people  have convulsions  and develop
malnutrition problems (hence the interest of eating instinctively : cf supra).
In the wild, a tremendous number and variety of both harmless and pathogenic
parasites have been catalogued amongst  primates. However these observations
do NOT indicate the frequency with which animals of the same species are
infected in wild  compared to captive habitats, and the extent to which
their modified diet might interfere with the associated symptoms.

                                       *      *         *
I'll stop here before my pedantry turns to mere casuistry. Litterature on
the high susceptibility of domesticated animals to wildlife born infectious
diseases is everywhere. No need to say more. Talking about rhetoric, take a
look at this :
               THE  TASTE  IS PERVERTED  BY  THE   BANEFUL  GENIUS  OF THE
CULINARY ARTS  (200 A.D.)

                                        *       *
>"As a matter of fact, after
>initial detox is over,  you have  more energy than before, but  at the same
>time  you are less willing to spend it in  activities, which you do not
>consider as important as before... A raw diet  thus helps you save  yourself
>efforts and energy in an instinctive manner .

>Oh, I see, he's a biopsychologist from the Sorbonne?

No Pat, just a frail, fragile intellectual turned a valient mason and
carpenter after I had revelation that "boil and toil in the kitchen  is my
foil". (I just coined that one at 5 o'clock in the morning. proud of
myself...)Hey ...Bodhi ... try to make a better pun ...

Denis, the malice