RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 21:57:22 GMT
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Hi  bob, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-07-29 06:13:14 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Lynton Blair)
>writes:

><< The body can be conditioned and able to digest a full cooked meal of mixed
> foods

>Wonder--Is conditioning, adaptation, or tolerance that the body develops with
>exposure to cooked (toxic?) foods?  Frieda Ireland mentioned lately that
> "death = 100% tolerance"  or something like that?

Ok, this is just my understanding/guesswork of the idea of adaptation:
For this, a main assumption is that the healthy enzyme/ immune system is
extremely flexible.
We already know that the body provides enzymes that are required for
digestion (ie those lacking in the food).
I think I was thinking at the time I wrote it of babies that had never
ingested cooked food; so I thought ok, this baby is having difficulty with
this new food - its causing alot of discomfort (my interpolation of how I
currently feel if I ingest enough food  that is devoid of enzymes).
Its system must learn to cope with such foods, and while it is learning it
is adapting.

Of course, the person who is deficient in enzymes (low vitality) will have
less ability to provide enough enzymes for cooked digestion of all but the
lightest of foods.

I am not claiming the adaption as proven, its more for discussion.

and a :>) for you whose reading this,
from Lynton.