RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 12:17:28 +0000
From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
your recipe contained:
               1/3 lb of halibut
               Three stalks of broccoli
               Three montebello mushrooms
               A handful of spinach
               1/2 handful of dulse
               Two green onions

In my not so humble oppinion it is not the best idea, to combine vege-
table and animal protein together in one meal. The mushrooms and the
dulse are the vegetable protein here.
You might argue, that most vegetables and therefore broccoli too, con-
tain some amount of protein.  Then I would retreat to the line of in-
stincto theory, that claims mushrooms and sea-veggies to be proteins,
while broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, cabbage etc. are classified as
vegetables.

In fact, one week ago I intentionally did a miscombination, to find
out, what happens. I had a mackerel fillet which had been aged and
dried. One our later I ate app. 1/2 lb of olives. My digestion didn't
complain but two hours later the fish and a part of the olives came
out nearly undigested. The rest of the olives digested well.

Also a combination of RAF and starchy foods (e.g. potatoes) could
be bad, since starchy foods need alkaline digesting secretions, while
protein needs acidy ones. But this is pure theory so far and it
should be tried individually.

In my experience and that of several other instinctos you can freely
combine seafood and sea-veggies to any extent.

So you could perhaps do the following meal:
               1/2 mackerel fillet, dry aged
               The inside of a crab
               Different sorts of mussels
               1/4 lb of tuna
               sea-veggies for the finish (satisfying!)

Although it is not recommended, you also could eat together mammal
meat in one meal. But I wouldn't combine mammal meat with chicken
meat because these are too different.
I did combinations of mammal meat with good results but this is long
ago.

How about garlic and lemon juice to spice your RAF, especially the
fish?

Instinctive limed wishes,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]