RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 00:47:05 GMT
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
At 08:37 29/07/97 -0700, >Susan wrote:
>>Don,

>>I am loving every bit of your paleo-perspective and cross-posting here.
>I agree!
>My question is:
>After I saw Renee Taylor's books mentioned in Cancer Disease of
>Civilization? by Stefansson I bought one of her books, Hunza Health Secrets
>for long life and happiness.
>Whole wheat is used in Hunza cooking. Perhaps the wheat of the Hunza people
>is low gluten that they live so long?
>They also use milk products.
>What are your thoughts on this?

>Many thanks for all the help you have given me in the past!

Lynton:
I too am interested in the Paleo info.

I would think that you are right about theHunza's  wheat being  low-glutin:
I tend to think that high-gluten is a modern development for the aethetics
of "better" bread making.

The same thing is happening to milk, where "type A" milk is produced because
those cows give greater quantities of milk.  This type of milk is worse for
the human - I forget exactly how.  Perhaps someone can provide the info?

So we are "looking 'forward'" to genetically engineered foods, in the wisdom
for example that a plant the can survive higher levels of pesticide is
"better".  So even if we survive the genetic changes, we still have to cope
with increased pesticide.  Enough already!!

but, keep ;>),  the execercise does you good !

Lynton