RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:26:42 +0000
From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
>>Stefan:
>>People who are afraid of parasites should throw away the fish.
>>Personally I don't care but I never had problems with parasites, not
>>even in cooked times. Some fish tape worms can be very nasty, I heard
>>of other instinctos. Be careful.

Kirt:
>OK, Stefan, lets hear the whole story, eh? This is the first I have
>heard of instinctos having problems with seafood parasites. Please
>tell all, and in detail...por favor.

I haven't heard of an instincto catching fish parasites during eating
raw yet. But I can investigate on this a little. Perhaps I'll find a
case.
But I know of instinctos who already had intestinal parasites before
they switched to raw nutrition. And against all theory (;-)) they
didn't disappear even after years, not even with conventional medicine.

Well, one might reach for all the excuses for this failure now (non-
instinctive supply, bad combinations, not 100% raw, blah, blah) but
these instinctos have an understandable fear of getting even more para-
sites.
So they are very careful with raw animal food. They would never eat some
little worms if they discovered them.
Some of them handle the issue in a (IMO) crazy way: if they discover
living parasites or eggs, they remove them, then eat the rest. As if
it would be impossible for other parasites to be inside of the fish
and invisible...

It's easy to say, you are benefitting from microbes and parasites and
it's hard to live with them, it seems. Maybe less theory and more
usable practical advice would be useful here.

Best regards,

Stefan