RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:19:48 +0000
From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Stefan,

Stefan wrote:

>Judy, you wrote:
>>I'm not an instinctive eater, merely a vegan raw foodist.  But
>>yesterday I bought some raw goat cheese from a local farmer's market.
>>It was delicious, as I haven't eaten cheese of any kind in years and
>>years.

>I'm not sure what to make of your post. What were your reasons to try
>some goat dairy? Just curiosity?

Judy writes:
Sometimes I do miss all the (bad) foods I used to eat, like dairy products.
Having read many posts here from people who eat raw animal foods, I decided
that maybe eating the raw goat milk cheese wouldn't be harmful.  I certainly
enjoyed eating it.  But the next morning, I woke up with three pimples on my
face.  (I never get pimples.  I never even got them eating cooked and animal
foods in the long ago past.)  I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has
experimented with raw goat cheese.

Stefan also wrote:
>Are you going to try other animal pro-
>ducts, e.g. some raw fish (maybe as sushi in a japanese restaurant for
>the start)?

Judy writes:
Years ago I used to eat sushi.  I considered getting some sashimi recently,
but I'm afraid of parasites.  You'd think someone would invent a device that
would allow us to tell whether raw fish has parasites before we decide to
buy.  The device would be something like the one businesses use to tell
whether paper money is counterfeit!  If I knew sashimi were okay, I'd be
happy, as I used to love sushi.  Especially tuna and eel.