RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 97 13:40:00 PST
From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Jean-Louis:

>I don't think the way external
>martial arts were practiced in ancient times was beneficial to
>health. They certainly became excellent fighters, but the trainings
>were too exhausting and, by stressing too much on power, they injured
>their joints. So, when they grow older, they usually turn to internal
>arts, not really because internal arts are more "advanced", but
>because they just have already inflicted too much harm to their body.

I did this to myself too. In addition to 10+ years of hard karate,
I did other stupid things like jogging on concrete. I ended up with
severe joint problems (pre-patella bursitis and condomalasia in my
knees, tendonitis in my elbows, and undiagnosed neck problems.)
I got the tendonitis by trying to do 1000 sun salutes non stop.
Subsequent Hatha Yoga helped somewhat, and I got temporary relief from
a Taoist "tendon massage" that my Baguazhang teacher taught me.

Anyway, something interesting happened in the last few weeks when
I switched to RAF: I found that this had a tremendous impact on my
knees. I think this is particularly due to the sashimi. I'm not
sure why the fish is helping the joints, but I'm able to walk
up flights of stairs without any pain or crunching noises.
The tendonitis in the elbows is still there, but it is much better,
But my knees are significantly better! (almost back to normal!).

Regards,

Roy