From:
Renice Wernette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:58:58 -0600

I thought this might be good advice and stored it away for a Just-In-Case,
which unfortunately came up this weekend while making pasta for someone
else. I stupidly popped a couple of rotinis in my mouth to test for
doneness, and within 15 minutes regretted it. I can't drink wine, so I
thought a bit of apple vinegar might be about the same.... but no help: I
spent a wretched evening.

I'm wondering now if maybe a couple of tablespoons of bentonite immediately
after an accident might be more useful. I didn't think of it until this
morning, and it seems to have helped my system's very socially UNacceptable
response to gluten -- at least I'm at work without running everyone out of
the office... so far.

I hope I won't have an opportunity to test this again for awhile -- but
maybe someone else will.

Renice Wernette
Urbana/Champaign, Illinois