RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 05:57:16 -0800 (PST)
From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Nieft / Secola said:
>> Go easy on the new instinctos on the list, Pat. ;) They are a
>> welcome sight
>> after months of vegan vegan vegan...
>Excuse me Kirt, just thought I'd emerge from lurk mode long enough to
>ask, respectfully, "WHEN THE @#$% WAS THIS ??????"

Uh-oh. I guess I should've said that it was months of "almost only me
talking about the value of RAF from my experience" to a crowd who mostly
found the topic repulsive. From my point of view it seems that the issues
are ones that are part and parcel of the vegan philosophy, ones which
aren't as much a part of "normal" nutritionists and/or people's ideology
about food. Certainly few others tell other people what they should and
should not be eating. You must admit that a de facto topic for months was
whether eating animal foods is morally suspect, no?

Since there are now four raw lists operating and the other three are not
tolerant of RAF talk, you wouldn't begrudge me a welcome to the European
instinctos here, would you? There may be as many (or more) all-raw RAF
instinctos in France as there are all-raw-vegans in the whole of North
America. They _are_ a welcome sight on this list, and I think it's great
that I am not the only (along w/Zephyr and Ombodhi more and more) who is
able to post from long experience with RAF. I am weary of being taken to
task for "eating hapless animals". You can imagine how it gets to be from
my point of view after a while.

As I remember it, our exchange a couple months ago was among the pleasant
highlights of that period, and I am not really speaking about your attitude
at all. Contare, I found your open mind and comments on the issue
delightful and illuninating, and hope I haven't strained your
"respectfully"...

You are right, however, that "vegan, vegan, vegan" was over the top for me
to say--inaccurate and improper <puppy dog face>. I apologize.

Cheers,
Kirt