RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:16:30 -0700
It is interesting to read the comments about SB Algae. Ward, nice post!

I recently obtained a copy of _Instinctive Nutrition_ by a woman in
Australia. She makes a couple references to Aloe Vera, comparing it in
detoxing effect to cassia (AKA casse). Since I have no access to cassia,
I'm quite interested in anyone's experience with Aloe Vera. I find none
available commercially which haven't added preservatives. A couple claim to
be cold processed, but...?

I have tasted the Desert Lily juice and it tastes quite a bit different
than Aloe Vera straight from the plant (which has no flavor whatsoever to
me, meaning I should leave it alone I suppose).

All in all I much prefer green sapotes, but am curious about anyone's
experience.

BTW, I posted heavily from New Zealand about instincto and meat several
weeks back. Am now living in San Diego county, enjoying the weather but
there are so many people!

Cheers,
Kirt