RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:16:21 -0500
Moira, welcome to the list.

>My son does not absorb food very well, his food is partly undigested in his
>stools.

Have you tried blending all his foods for him?  This would take a much
needed burden of his digestive system.

>We are off all grains. Getting off wheat and other glutens helped, now we
>are off all grains even potatoes and corn.

Great. You might see more improvements the longer you keep your child off
these foods.  You might also want to make sure that the meat is from pasteur-fed animals
and try aging it so that the enzymes can predigest the muscle and make it
easier to digest.

>My question is, how can he absorb say raw celery and carrots? I see pieces
>of carrots in his stools, for example.

Until the digestion is back to full strength, I would low-heat steam the
vegetables and make them into a mush and make fresh juice from them as
well. Giving your child the vegetables in their raw and whole form will act
as an irritant and prolong the healing of the intestines which is important
for the full absorption of nutrients and to prevent the occurrence of leaky
gut syndrome and fungi such as candida albicans from taking over.

>Also, another question, what would you do if you had a child who had been on
>antibiotics for years, which ruined his intestines, with autistic type
>behaviors as a result???

I would give my child raw, homemade kefir, along with probiotics and FOS.

>We are on a "caveman" type of diet, meat, fish, veggies, very limited fruit.

This sounds good to me.  You  might want to check his blood type and maybe
make some adjustments according to that.

Also, I would check out EEG-biofeedback and "holding therapy" - both
report some success with autism - make sure my child did not consume any
soda drinks, nutrasweet or msg and consult with an experienced naturopath
to support me in my efforts.

I hope this helps. Having a child with autism you certainly have your plate
full but with such a resourceful mother, I feel positive your child will
get well soon.

Best, Peter