RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nick Shevtchook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 23:22:21 PDT
Tom:
>Some raw vegans get by without sprouts, but many of them have serious
>problems with cravings and binge eating. My experience and observation is that
>short sprouts, being a slowly assimilated raw food, help  reduce/prevent such
>problems. Because of that, I recommend that raw vegans include short
>sprouts in their diet, and avoid eating too much of high sugar foods (like
>fruit), as sugar promotes cravings and binges.

By my experience grains and short sprouts are bad foods(I have never
given a try to long sprouts). I think, they are destructive for nervous
system and lead to depression, not to mention their complex starches
cause severe intestinal fermentation. Surprisingly, cooked potato,IMO,
does not have such undesirable effects. I remember Walker in his books
was strongly opposed against grains and sereals in any form, besides,
instinctos never eat them. Seeds are OK.
I haven't been on raw vegan diet for long periods of time and cannot
judge by myself. If such diet is deficient, maybe, goat milk will help
diminish cravings and binges? Is it true that goat milk does not produce
"mucus"? Anyway, I think dairy and even flesh are better than cereals.

All the best,
Nick Shevtchook