RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 03:36:17 -0500
The archives from Jan.1996 - June 1997 are now up and can be viewed at
 http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/raw-food.html

Each day for about an hour around midnight Eastern Time the archives
cannot be reached as the daily digest is being processed (and I think
sometimes the server re-booted as well though this might sometimes be
a little earlier or later)

The archives can also be retrieved or searched by email which is
convenient for those without web access or when access through the web
is difficult. Information on how to do this will be posted soon.

In case somebody has missed it the address for posting to the list is:

Stefan:
> our new server can group posts by topic. So if you can answer
> a thread with "Re: <subject>" it will group it with all other answers
> and with the initial subject.

Stefan, you are right. Dave and I thought that with more advanced
search capabilities the subject lines did not need to be that accurate
but in a sense it is more important now with the new server as the
messages from each month are or can be grouped according to subjects
and searches can be done on subject lines as well.  So here are -
thanks to Stefan - some modifications to the posting guidelines:

  - Respond to only one message at the time (do not link responses
together into one ) and make sure to change the subject line if the
subject of the thread changes.

  - It is OK to add short or less important comments about other posts
like "thank you" or "me too" messages (or whatever) to a message as
long as they are not as such full responses warranting a separate
message.

  - The daily message limit for each subscriber is raised from three to
five messages.

Best, Peter