RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:19:36 +0000
Hi Bo7b and Jean-Louis,

Bo7b:
>Hard for me to believe anyone ever intended that chart to guide folks
>eating pattern in "real life".  It had to be an exercise for an
>Instincto workshop or 1-2 week stay at an Instincto Retreat, no?

Oh no. After getting some exercise it's really easy to use in your
everday's instincto practice. Try it!

Jean-Louis:
>Even if I eat mainly organic, I would like organic food not to be
>*necessary* for my nutrition, i.e., that a good result could be
>achieved when buying ordinary food in the supermarkets, and that
>if I happened to have only food from the supermarket for 3 months,
>I wouldn't be unhappy, and my diet wouldn't fail.

I understand why you hate to be dependent from organic food or any
special food. I'm also not lucky with this "dependency". But whenever
I think over it, it comes to my mind, that in ancient times there was
no such dependency, because perfect organic instincto-quality food was
for    f r e e    for all living beings and you would have needed a
lot of work to manufacture non-natural food.
So our todays world needs to come back from the head to the feet.
Until then we raw-fooders have to be patient. At least we don't have
to be patient with the doctors anymore. :-) Isn't that win enough?

Jean-Louis:
>And that wasn't my point. I would like that, even with 0.1% of the
>French population eating instinctively, a person who earns a modest
>salary be able to practive instinctive nutrition, or a kind of
>compromise, without having with the "instinctive stop" as you
>call it.

I guess you mean the "financial stop".
What you would like, sounds like a communist's approach. Everyone,
be he rich or not, must be able to afford x (whatever x is). Well,
according to Bob's grid (thank you Bob for this but don't use tabs,
just type blanks and use a fixed size font) I'm on the F corner: both
personal and economical freedom.
And this means self-responsibility and yourself being the one to go
for your needs, not a super-parent providing your goods for you or
enabling you somehow to get them.

I know of instinctos in my city who still think they must have a car
(totally superfluous in this city with its dense public traffic
system). On the other hand they are complaining, that their money
doesn't suffice to buy expensive food from Orkos (or organic food).

It's a question of priorities. I've set mine in a way, that my health
ranges first in the list. And I will spend lots of money/work for it.
Now it's your move.   Y o u   have to decide, what is important for
you. Please don't call for others to help you affording this or that.
Work hard for your goals to reach them on your own.

Jean-Louis:
>And even if I could, I would prefer
>first to *prove* on myself that eating raw with low-quality food is
>possible.

Not necessary to do that. 5 billion humans around us are proving that
some kind of second hand health is possible with low-quality food.
For me it would only make sense for a limited time in a bad environ-
ment. And I would try hard to avoid ever being forced to live in a
bad environment.

Jean-Louis:
>...when you are privileged and had had a good
>environment, good opportunities (and financial conditions) to learn.

There it is - this sort of whining again. I've heard these arguments
hundred of times. People are always whining, that their environment
prevented them from getting a good job, that their parents didn't send
them to the best school and so on until infinity.
Once you are an adult you are self-responsible for the things in your
life. I'm a hardliner. I don't allow you to whine about all the bad
prerequisites you had. Now is now and you are an adult, so work hard to
improve your life!

Jean-Louis:
>And in my case (7 years university), I would rather be unemployed
>for a while than empty public garbage.

That fits pretty well. On one hand you are whining about your not-
existing job-offers, on the other hand you are so snooty, that you
wouldn't accept a worse job for a certain time.
How incredibly sad to read this from you. :-( :-(
I tell you, what my alternatives are. If my employer fires me today,
you will see me tomorrow walking to all supermarkets and warehouses
asking if they need someone to work as a cashier or in the store.
I know I will find such a job and I will earn enough money to live on
a low level until I again have a profession that fits my qualification.

Hope you got the difference.

Instinctive free and liberal wishes,

Stefan