RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 09:07:49 +0200
> Has anyone been using bee pollen?

Yes, I do.

> eat about an ounce of it along with some fruit, usually a couple of bananas,
> my stomach is quite uncomfortable (dull ache)

That usually occurs if one eats protein and fruits together. Pollen should
be handled like a protein, that means: Smell every protein through in the
evening, before eating anything else. Then eat the protein that smells the
best. Eat only one protein. Than smell the vegetables and eat the best if
it is necessary. I you didn't eat proteins, smell and possibly eat the
fruits after the veggies. (This is an shortened description. Mr. Burger
developed a flow chart for both meals. :-) It is quite useful and even fun
to 'play' during the meals.)

> When I eat the pollen alone, I still feel some discomfort although much

First of all you may never eat them if there is no instinctive attraction.

Second, some allergics react very strong on pollen, even after switching
to Instincto. But this reaction becomes weaker over the time and after some
years they can eat pollen without problems. (I know this as eye witness. My
loved one had strong allergies. She couldn't eat pollen for a long time.)

Third: Most commercial pollen are heated or even treated against mould or
pests.

Karl

PS: Pollen sometimes taste gigantic. Once I ate a whole glass of them. But
this doesn't happen very often.

PPS: Pollen is also available in its natural form -- in a honeycomb, together
with some honey. If one needs it, it is one of the greatest foods I know.