RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:34:31 -0500 (CDT)
Tom:
>I have a slightly different impression of the theory. The argument is
>that foods other than fruits contain more protein, which they claim
>(without hard proof) constitutes excess protein. The argument is that
>excess protein, by default, produces "mucus" and is the cause of
>all/most health problems.

You were quick to spot your own words even though I forget to credit
them to you. As you point out there is also the argument that too much
protein will create excess amounts of mucus, but because this is the
weaker, more obsessive of the two arguments it does not have my
interest so much. Why a grown-up would need more protein (percentage of
calories) than a small, fast growing baby I find a lot more relevant
and leads to the question what is the relationship between the
composition of milk that feeds the offspring and the diet of the mature
animal?

> I believe Aajonus addresses this in his book (by the
>way, I want to get his book, a copy for me and one for the SF-LiFE
>library: could someone post the 1-800 number to order - thanks!

1-800-BOOK-LOG. Great! No matter what one might think of him, his book
belongs in any good raw food library. For those newcomers to the list
who are not familiar with Aajonus Vonderplanitz, he is a nutritional
counselor in Los Angeles who for the for the past 20 years has been
using a raw diet high in animal fats to treat all kinds of conditions
including many cases of difficult cancers and according to himself very
successfully. His book is called "We Want To Live" and can be ordered
from the number above.

Thanks for sharing. I think between the two of us we have made most of
the mistakes that can be made on a raw diet and according to Stefan I
am making even more. ;-)

Best, Peter