RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:53:15 -0500 (CDT)
>> If you want to respond to more than three messages (...) or
>> string them into one message like I often do.

Jean-Louis:
>>I disagree. Doing so makes it difficult to follow the discussions,
>especially when you consult the archives. In fact, I almost never read
>your messages in the archives.

Bo7b:
>So I'm trying it here.  COMMENTS, Y'ALL?

I have been reflecting more about this issue as Jean-Louis does have a
good point about the threads being more difficult to follow when the
argument against it, I want to stick with the three message per day per
person limit but lowering the limit on how many responses can be tied
together into one. So how about giving the option that on the third
message (and on the third message only) two more responses can be added
on giving a limit of five messages for each member to respond to per
day as long as the subject line adequately reflects the content. The
exception to all this would be if I as the moderator need more to
address list issues and for people who have not posted for while and
who need to catch up. To not drag this debate out more than necessary
if I do not get some better ideas from any of you in private or on the
list - do I hear any suggestions for weekly posting quotas depending on
ones degree of "rawness"? ;-) - we will stick with this.

The new posting policy guidelines I posted with a three message posting
limit per member per day, not being too sloppy with the spelling and
using some cut and paste on the messages being quoted are standard
guidelines on many mailing lists and seem quite reasonable to me. If
someone is posting more than three separate messages a day the risk -
or the impression - is that this person is dominating too much and/or
the content getting too diluted. I see a three message posting limit
being more conducive to reflection as some choices have to be made to
what is important to respond to. However, if this is not enough
tomorrow is always a new day and private email still an option.

I am as always open to any suggestions for improvements on this or any
other guidelines for the list.

Best, Peter