RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 16:50:28 -0800
Peter,

I note with relief your friendly tone, and am glad to lay this subject to
rest

Oh, but wait, just a couple things:
Peter:

> As for their Bob A., Ric L. & Rene B.'s  individual uniqueness you
>are  seeing something that has escaped me. ;-)

I was referring to their motivations more than their styles:
Bob:  Natural hygeine + calorie restriction, big on biomarkers, no claims
to compassionate veganism, in fact claims to test animal foods occasionally
 but body apparently doesn"t need them.
Ric:  Raw is Law, Rah Rah Rah  Clinton is evil, NFL are great kids
Save the cute little fuzzy things.  Roe Gallo:  Wow
Rene:  Life is sacred.  Be kind.  Be a fruitarian.

Martha:
>>cruelty (IMHO) is very much in the eyes of the beholder.

Peter:
>Not to the animal who could care less about the beliefs or ethics of
>its human predator.

Are you changing sides here???????

Martha:
>>I don't think I ever said going vegan makes one more compasionate
>>or peaceful, though I have heard this theory. I'd say if anything it"s the
>>other way around.

Peter:
>If this is true - which I suspect - it is a strong argument against
>veganism.

I think you misunderstood me.  What I meant was, being more compassionate
and/or peaceful would tend to draw one towards veganism, and not the other
way around.  Which is the cause, which the effect.

Cheers
Martha