RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed Kuchmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 10:11:17 -0400
Hi. My name is Liane and I just joined this email list. I live in
Chatham Ontario Canada.

About 3 weeks ago after having read a couple books on raw foods my
husband Ed and I decided to try it. Well, I started about 3 weeks ago,
while my husband started 1 week ago. We are on an 85% raw, 15% cooked
diet. We are planning to buy a $400 juicer because we want to make fresh
vegetable juice to drink. This particular juicer (champion juicer) will
not only juice but also grind nuts, make sauces (like apple sauce), nut
butters, and even ice cream (vegan ice cream). I tried a recipe for the
ice cream, and it is more like a thick milk shake than ice cream but I
found it to be delicious. You just need to blend 2 ripe banans with any
fruit. My favourite is to mix the bananas with 1 kiwi, and 1 apple.
Mmmmm... good! Today I discovered a snack we can make that satisfies
that craving for something crunchy. And if you are trying to stay away
from bread (which I've having trouble with) it stops the craving. All I
did was mix raisins with shelled sunflower seeds. It was really
satisfying.

Until we get a juicer though, I would love to read any recipies out
there for eating vegetables raw. I still don't like dark green veggies
and I want to learn to like them.

Well that's all about me for now. Looking forward to any comments.

Liane